In your subsequent journey to Spain, there are many belongings you may wish to do. One thing that you just don’t wish to miss is a go to to Sagrada Familia basilica.
Whether or not you’re spiritual or not, it’s an architectural masterpiece and well-known landmark within the coronary heart of Barcelona that’s visited by round 5 million vacationers yearly.
However don’t let the prospect of enormous queues preserve you from visiting! In case you weren’t satisfied earlier than, right here’s how why it’s worthwhile to go to Sagrada Familia in your subsequent vacation to Spain.
See additionally: The Best Tourist Attractions in Barcelona
The Historical past of Sagrada Familia
Whereas Gaudi is essentially the most well-known identify behind the Sagrada Familia towers, 9 architects have taken on the challenge since his loss of life, and it’s nonetheless incomplete at this time.
In case you didn’t know, Gaudi was a devoted Catholic, and he was notably obsessive about each nature and faith. His plans for the Sagrada Familia towers concerned representing the whole thing of Catholic historical past. This challenge was to change into his grandest legacy.
Regardless of altering fingers, each architect concerned has remained true to Gaudi’s unique plans from 1883. The unique completion date was set for 2026. Nevertheless, this has been delayed because of the Coronavirus pandemic of 2020 – with no new finish date in sight.
At present, all ticket gross sales are funding the completion of the challenge – church buildings or the federal government don’t again it. So, if you go to Sagrada Familia, you’ll be financing the completion of Gaudi’s well-known landmark.
Non-public donations are additionally accepted to construct the Sagrada Familia towers additional. Every time it’s finally accomplished, it is going to change into the tallest church globally.
One other of the improbable Sagrada Familia ideas is that Gaudi was buried there in 1926, positioned throughout the El Carmen Virgin chapel. Regardless of being incomplete, it’s additionally a UNESCO World Heritage Web site – one other wonderful reality to tick off your bucket record!
Is visiting the Sagrada Familia towers price it?
In case you’re asking if visiting the Sagrada Familia towers is price it throughout your subsequent journey, the reply is a powerful sure!
That’s as a result of the Basilica of the Sagrada Familia was in-built 1882. It’s a monumental church with ties to the Holy Household and was consecrated by Pope Benedict XVI in 2010.
What’s much more wonderful concerning the Sagrada Familia is that it options breathtaking structure by Antoni Gaudi, one of many world’s most well-known architects. He pioneered a brand new period of structure known as Catalan modernism, which options free-flowing curves and natural types.
You’ll find 9 accomplished spires, of 18 within the unique design, with plans for additional completion within the coming years.
See additionally: Things to Do in Barcelona: Our Barcelona Activity Guide
Ideas for visiting the Sagrada Familia
As this monument is among the hottest in Spain, and since it’s in the course of town of Barcelona, you may anticipate queues to be extraordinarily lengthy. The perfect time to go to Sagrada Familia is as early as attainable within the morning.
The Sagrada Familia opens at 9 am when queues are at their shortest. The interval between 9 to 11 am is usually much less crowded.
Nevertheless, you might wish to get contained in the monument for the perfect photographic alternatives later within the day. For wonderful photos, the perfect time to go to Sagrada Familia is between 5-6 pm, when the solar units.
The daylight shines by way of the colorful stained glass at this hour, producing dream-like sights and pictures. It’s additionally attainable to attend night Mass at 6 pm, which comes at no cost. Right here, guests should costume and act appropriately.
Another issues to contemplate embrace:
- Size of go to. Most vacationers wish to know the way lengthy to go to Sagrada Familia towers to profit from their journey. The really helpful time is round 2 hours, however you may keep so long as supposed.
- The value. Sagrada Familia ticket value is between €33 and as much as €99 for an 8-hour guided tour that features Montserrat.
- The perfect time to go to Sagrada Familia. The Sagrada Familia hours of operation are from 9 am until 6 pm each day. Sagrada Familia’s hours of operation for Mass is 6 pm.
- Totally different sorts of tickets. You will want a special ticket to go to the Sagrada Familia towers that embrace tower entry; this isn’t granted with a fundamental ticket.
- Ticket availability. Be sure that to get your tickets upfront, as tickets can generally promote out by 5 pm. It’s additionally an choice to buy online tickets to streamline the method. Search for availability and e book your tickets under:
- Additional packages. Chances are you’ll discover a larger Sagrada Familia ticket value for inclusive packages, reminiscent of a Sagrada Familia and Park Güell combination tour.
- Guided excursions for overseas guests. There are a number of guided group excursions accessible in several languages. Whenever you go to Sagrada Familia, the presently accessible choices embrace English, German, Italian, French, and, in fact, Spanish.
- Can I get a Sagrada Familia audio information free? You’ll find free audio guides on-line, however these can’t compete with guided excursions.
- Planning your arrival. You’ll find public transport hyperlinks that can take you to go to Sagrada Familia – the L2 or L5 through the metro or certainly one of many devoted buses, together with the 19, 33 and 34.
- What to put on. Keep in mind that if you go to Sagrada Familia, it’s a holy place of worship. Guests want to decorate appropriately, which means that tops ought to cowl their shoulders, and shorts/skirts ought to come mid-thigh. Hats aren’t allowed on the Sagrada Familia.
- Navigating the Sagrada Familia. You must obtain the official app to handle tickets, discover audiobooks and extra. The app prices €26 from the official web site. Nevertheless, it’s attainable to go to with out downloading the app, too.
We hope we’ve answered the query ‘is visiting the Sagrada Familia towers price it?’ The reply is sure – it’s nice to go to year-round!
You must add Sagrada Familia to your itinerary subsequent time you go to Barcelona.
Don’t miss out in your likelihood to go to Sagrada Familia and its large cultural and historic significance. Whether or not planning how lengthy to go to Sagrada Familia or discovering the Sagrada Familia ticket value worth, we hope our Sagrada Familia ideas have made planning a lot simpler for you!